First grade teachers, are you looking for something to make planning for your literacy block or Reader’s Workshop time easy and fun? This Empowering Little Readers First Grade October reading unit contains everything you need to teach foundational skills, comprehension, story elements, shared reading, grammar, and vocabulary with interactive read alouds for 1st Grade.
This unit uses interactive read alouds with a close read model – each week you will focus on one book and going deeper within that text.
This month will dig deep into Nonfiction Text Features. Each week will focus on different nonfiction text features and how students can use those to find information.
*This is available in a yearlong bundle here: Little Readers 1st Grade Reading Curriculum
Each week contains 5 days worth of lesson plans for you with foundational or phonemic awareness activities, shared reading (poetry), a whole group reading lesson, independent work, vocabulary, crafts, and directed drawings. This curriculum is designed to meet all Common Core State Standards.
What is included in each unit?
- Interactive Read Aloud Lessons for October
- Comprehension Strategies and Printables
- Poems for Shared Reading
- Mentor Sentences with Grammar Mini-Lessons
- Weekly Vocabulary
- Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
- Weekly Crafts
- Weekly Directed Drawings
- Posters and Anchor Charts
[These books are NOT included. You will need to purchase separately.]
- Bats – Gail Gibbons [Focus: Nonfiction Text Features, Compare and Contrast]
- Runaway Pumpkins – Teresa Bateman [Focus: Retelling BME, Nonfiction Text Features]
- I Need My Monster – Amanda Noll [Focus: Asking Questions, Nonfiction Text Features]
- The Scarecrow’s Hat – Ken Brown [Focus: Retelling and Sequencing, Nonfiction Text Features]
October Phonological and Phonemic Awareness Focus: Isolating and differentiating between beginning sounds
October Grammar for 1st Grade:
- Adjectives and Nouns
- Telling vs Asking Sentences
There are no reviews yet.