Are you looking for a hands on 1st grade guided math unit to teach standard and nonstandard measurement in first grade? This 1st Grade Nonstandard Measurement Guided Math Unit has everything you need for a hands-on, integrated geometry math unit.
The first grade math curriculum units were designed to make teaching math in first grade fun, engaging, and meaningful!
The 1st Grade Nonstandard Measurement Guided Math Unit includes 10 engaging 1st grade guided math lessons to give your students a strong foundation with nonstandard measurement and a beginning with standard measurement.
⭐ Save by getting this in the $-SAVING First Grade Math Curriculum Bundle!
Do I have to use this curriculum in small groups? No! This curriculum will work both whole group or in small guided math groups.
Each lesson includes:
- Number sense warm up
- Teacher-led math lesson
- Partner practice activities
- Differentiation options for scaffolding and extending learning
- Independent practice math worksheets
- Home connection (optional homework)
- Math centers
1st Grade Math Unit 8: Measurement
- Comparing 2 objects by length
- Comparing 3 objects by length
- Nonstandard measurement
- Rules of Nonstandard Measurement
- Estimating and measuring
- Comparing 2 lengths
- Ordering 3 objects by length
- Ordering 3 objects by height
- Measuring in inches
- Measurement word problems
First Grade Nonstandard Measurement Math Centers INCLUDED!
These math centers are included:
- Measure around the room
- Measuring worms
- Star ruler measuring
- Grab and order
- Estimate and measure
- Flower comparing