These centers are the perfect way to engage your students in practicing identifying letters and letter sounds. A variety of activities and centers are included that you can use for centers, small groups, morning tubs, and more!
14 centers are included! You can download the preview to see each center included.
- Letter Detectives – Students will search for upper and lowercase letters and circle them with a dry erase marker or place a counter on them.
- Letter Puzzles – Two versions included for increased difficulty. Students will put the puzzles together to make each letter.
- Puzzle Time (Letters) – Students will match the uppercase letters to the lowercase to solve the puzzle.
- Puzzle Time (Sounds) – Students will match the letters to the pictures to solve the puzzle.
- Letter Clip It – Students will clip the upper and lowercase letters around the card.
- Sounds Clip It – Students will clip the picture that matches each letter.
- Out of This World Letter Matching – Students will match the uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Backpack Letter Sounds Matching – Students will match the pictures to the sounds.
- Magnetic Letters – Students will place the sheets on a cookie sheet and match magnetic letters to the letters or pictures.
- Magnetic Sorting – Students will place the sheets on a cookie sheet and sort magnetic letters by letter or sound.
- Letter Tracing – Two versions included. Students will practice tracing or writing their letters with dry erase markers.
- Sound Strips – Students will place their strips on a whiteboard. They will write each letter below the pictures with a dry erase marker.
- Letter Trains – Students will make trains by matching the letter cars to each engine.
- Sound Trains – Students will make trains by matching the picture cars to each letter engine.
Find more Alphabet Centers here: