Make your writing center more meaningful by adding in alphabet and beginning sounds activities to create a phonics focus! If you’re a fan of my Writing Center for the Year, you will LOVE the alphabet and beginning sounds phonics writing center! This is the ULTIMATE alphabet and beginning sounds writing center to help you combine writing and phonics practice in a meaningful and engaging way.
These alphabet and beginning sounds writing center activities are aligned with the Science of Reading. It is a great way to add in more focused phonics practice during your literacy centers!
⭐️ Use this alphabet writing center for the year along or in combination with my monthly writing centers! Directions for getting started with a Kindergarten, 1st grade, or 2nd grade writing center are included.
What is included in this phonics writing center?
- Vocabulary Cards – 5 cards are included for each letter.
- Vocabulary Word Banks – the word banks do have words typed. These can be used to differentiate or to check work.
STUDENT DIRECTION CARDS
- Use these posters to introduce each activity and then hang them up in your writing center. The style of these posters matches my Writing Center for the Year so that you can easily combine them.
14 PHONICS WRITING CENTER ACTIVITIES:
- Writing beginning sounds
- Write beginning sounds option 2
- Spin, say, write beginning sounds
- Match and write beginning sounds
- Label beginning sounds
- Make a list
- Illustrate it
- Write it
- Spin and write letters
- Spin and write sounds
- Letter formation pages
- Match and write letters
- Rainbow writing letters
- Spin a color and write letters
- Making alphabet books