Stop the summer slide with the Science of Reading! Are you looking for an easy and effective way to stop literacy learning loss over summer break? The search stops here! The Alphabet Science of Reading preschool, pre-k, kindergarten summer review packet contains quick + meaningful daily reading practice that your students will actually enjoy.
Quickly create a pre-k or kindergarten summer review packet that is both fun and effective!
The Science of Reading Alphabet Summer Review Packet includes:
- 8 weeks of summer alphabet review
- 8 alphabet decodable passages
- Short daily alphabet practice
- Letter ID, letter sounds, letter formation, and vocabulary practice
How does the Alphabet Science of Reading summer review packets work? These Science of Reading alphabet summer review packets align with my Science of Reading Guided Curriculum, however they can be used even if you don’t use that!
Alphabet summer review practice: The alphabet summer review packet is ideal for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten. For this packet, students will review 3-4 letters and letter sounds each week.
Please Note: These Science of Reading summer review packets were designed to stop learning loss and maintain skills learned throughout the year. They are not meant to teach new content or continue students along the scope and sequence.
Each Science of Reading Summer Review Packet contains 8 weeks of short, daily summer review activities.
Each day, students will complete the review activity and then color in the box on their summer homework calendar.
WEEKLY SUMMER REVIEW ACTIVITIES LOOK LIKE:
- Summer decodable passages: Each day, students will read the alphabet decodable passage.
- Daily review: Students will trace the letter, review the letter sound, color the pictures that begin with the letter sound, and trace and write the letter.
- Vocabulary practice: Students will review a word and it’s definition. They will color the pictures that match and illustrate an example.
- Spin and Color: Students will spin a letter and color a matching letter or beginning sound picture.
LETTERS ARE REVIEWED IN THIS ORDER:
- m, a, s
- t, p, n
- i, c, f
- d, h, o
- r, b, l
- k, e, g
- w, v, u, j
- q, y, z, x