Looking for meaningful, hands-on beginning blends centers for literacy centers or word work? This is it! This set of 21 beginning blends centers is packed full of multi-sensory phonics activities that make learning fun. Set up your pre-k, kindergarten, and 1st grade literacy centers for success with these engaging beginning blends centers.
⭐️ SAVE BIG! These centers are a part of the SCIENCE OF READING ALIGNED CENTERS BUNDLE!
This set of beginning blends centers includes activities to work with l blends, r blends, and s blends on their own, as well as in decodable sentences.
These Beginning Blends centers are a part of my Phonics Hands-on Science of Reading Centers Bundle! They align to my Decodable Readers Science of Reading Curriculum, but can be used with any phonics program you use.
This set of beginning blends centers includes 21 meaningful, differentiated literacy centers. Printable I Can cards help students become independent during your literacy centers time.
21 Beginning Blends Centers | What’s Included:
- Beginning Blends Clip Wheels
- Beginning Blends Words Clip Wheels
- Read and Cover by Code
- Beginning Blends Cover by Code
- Spell and Write Words
- Roll and Write Words
- Roll, Read, and Cover Words
- Beginning Blends Dough Mats
- Tap it, Map it, Write It Mats
- Find and Cover Mats
- Read and Match It Mats
- Build It Cards
- Beginning Blends Decodable Sentences Match It Mats
- Beginning Blends Decodable Sentences Pocket Chart Builders
- Beginning Blends Decodable Sentences Read and Match Mats
- Flip and Color Beginning Blends
- Spin a Word Gameboards
- Beginning Blends Read and Clip Cards
- Spin It, Tap it, Map it, Write it Mats
- Beginning Blends Sentence Pyramids for Fluency Worksheets
- Read and Dab It Worksheets
What makes these beginning blends centers Science of Reading aligned centers? While you do NOT need specific literacy centers in order to align to the science of reading, these Beginning Blends literacy centers:
- Align to my Science of Reading Curriculum
- Follow a systematic scope and sequence
- You will ONLY see phonics skills and words already taught
- Provide meaningful practice with targeted phonics skills
- Allow students to practice phonics skills in a multi-sensory way
Do these literacy centers include a black and white version? Yes! This set of Beginning Blends centers includes both a color and black and white version.
What supplies and manipulatives will I need for these literacy centers? These Beginning Blends literacy centers use manipulatives and supplies that you most likely already have in your classroom! They can also be easily modified to work with what you have. Suggested supplies include:
- Colored cubes
- Counters or mini-erasers
- Dry erase markers
- Bingo dabbers or pom-poms
- Magnetic letters
- Sand tray or sensory gel bag
Will these science of reading centers require a lot of prep? Many of these Beginning Blends centers are print and go or only require a few quick chops.
Are these literacy centers included in your Science of Reading curriculum? No, these literacy centers are a supplemental add-on. However, they do align perfectly and will cover all skills taught in that curriculum. They can also be used with any literacy or phonics curriculum you are currently using!
Copyright © Natalie Lynn Kindergarten
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.