Make your writing center more meaningful by adding in CVC word activities to create a phonics focus! If you’re a fan of my Writing Center for the Year, you will LOVE the CVC words phonics writing center! This is the ULTIMATE CVC words writing center to help you combine writing and phonics practice in a meaningful and engaging way.
These CVC word writing center activities are aligned with the Science of Reading. It is a great way to add in more focused phonics practice during your literacy centers!
⭐️ Use this CVC words writing center for the year along or in combination with my monthly writing centers! Directions for getting started with a Kindergarten, 1st grade, or 2nd grade writing center are included.
- Vocabulary Cards – these do not have words, but rather have the number of sounds mapped.
- Vocabulary Word Banks – the word banks do have words typed. These can be used to differentiate or to check work.
STUDENT DIRECTION CARDS
- Use these posters to introduce each activity and then hang them up in your writing center. The style of these posters matches my Writing Center for the Year so that you can easily combine them.
12 PHONICS WRITING CENTER ACTIVITIES:
- Writing beginning sounds or ending sounds
- Tap and write a word
- Spin and write a word
- Writing words
- Spin, tap, map, write, and use it in a sentence
- Writing sentences
- Finishing a sentence
- Making emergent reader books
- Labeling pictures
- Decodable sentences mix and fix sheets
- Write a story
- Make a list