These CVC word activities are the perfect way to get your students reading and writing CVC words! Make easy no prep worksheets and centers or laminate and add dry erase markers, magnetic letters, and manipulatives to make reusable, hands-on CVC word centers!
Please note that most of these activities focus on CVC words, not word families. The three activities that do contain word families are Stretch and Write, Word Family Sorts, and Spin an Onset.
For the three activities that include word families, here are the word families included:
- Word Family Sorts – ad, an, am, ag, ap, at, ed, en, et, ig, in, it, ip, og, ot, op, ub, ug, un
- Stretch and Write – ab, ad, an, ap, at, en, et, ig, ip, in, it, og, op, ot, ug, un
- Spin an Onset – at, ab, ag, ad, an, an, et, ed, en, in, it, ig, og, ot, op, ob, un, ub
What activities are included?
- Stretch and Write – Students will tap out the sounds in a CVC word, stretch it out as they write it in a sound box, and then blend it together as they rewrite it.
- Spin, Write, Draw – Students will spin a picture. Then they will stretch out the word and write it in a sound box. Last, they will illustrate the word.
- Spin and Onset – Students will spin an onset and blend it together with the word family. Then they will write the word and draw a picture of it.
- Spin and Color – Students will spin a picture of a CVC word. Then they will find a bug with that word on it and color it.
- CVC Word Decode It – Students will use beginning sounds to decode the mystery CVC words and write the letters in the sound boxes. They will blend the word together and read it. Last, they will cut out the pictures and match them to the words.
- Roll and Color – Students will roll a die and read the CVC word. Then they will find a box containing a picture of that word and color it. You can use multiple colors of crayons to color code.
- Rainbow Write and Match – Students will read the CVC words and then rainbow write them. Then they will cut out the pictures and match them to the words.
- Word Family Sorts – Students will cut out and sort pictures by what word family they belong to.
Find related products here: