Learning CVC words doesn’t have to be tricky! CVC word mapping helps your students connect sounds to letters. These CVC word practice worksheets include a variety of ways to work with the cvc short vowels.
These I Know CVC Words worksheets are aligned with research from the science of reading and based on best practices.
How to use these CVC word worksheets:
- Students will say the cvc word.
- They will tap the sounds in the word.
- They will map the cvc words, using their finger to “push” the sounds up into the sound boxes.
- They will map the word, writing a phoneme in each sound box. If multiple letters make a sound, they will share a sound box (b – ea – ch).
- They will write the cvc words.
- They will use the letter tiles to build the cvc words.
- They will write a cvc word sentence and illustrate.
How can I use these CVC word worksheets in the classroom? You can use these cvc words worksheets as independent practice, as a small group warm up, as a follow up to your phonics lessons, or as morning work!