Having academic December sensory bins or a December sensory table in your classroom is the perfect way to engage your students in hands-on learning. These low prep December sensory bin activities will make preparing your December sensory bin centers a breeze!
These December math and literacy activities were designed with sensory bins in mind, but would also be perfect for December center activities, morning tubs, or early finishers.
Prepping Your December Sensory Bin Centers:
- Decide how you want to store your sensory bins – a plastic tub or drawers for multiple bins and a time work well.
- Decide what fillers you want in each sensory bin. A list of suggestions is included.
What is included in this pack?
- 6 December sensory bin centers
- Color and black and white ink-saver versions
- Recording sheets
December Sensory Bin Activities Include:
4 December Literacy Sensory Bin Activities and 3 December Math Sensory Bins
- Gumdrop Letters or Beginning Sounds – Students will pull a letter card and trace the match OR pull a picture card and color the matching beginning sound.
- Hot Cocoa Sight Words – Students will match the sight words on the cocoa cup cards to the sight words on the marshmallows.
- Ending Sounds Express – Students will pull a picture card and color the matching ending sound.
- B and D Discrimination – Students will pull an ornament and decide if it shows b or d.
- Snowflake Numbers – Students will pull a number card. They can trace the number, color a snowflake that represents the number, or write the numbers that come before and after.
- Gumdrop Numbers – Students will pull a number card. They can compare two numbers or fill in the ten frames to match.
- Christmas Tree Addition – Students will pull two dot dice cards. They will draw dots to match and add them together.