We know that decodable readers are the best way to get students reading independently, but sometimes you just want seasonal decodable books! These seasonal and thematic decodable readers make decodable books FUN and EFFECTIVE! These seasonal and thematic decodable readers align to best practices from the science of reading.
SAVE BIG with the ENDLESS bundle! Any new seasonal and thematic decodable readers I create will be added to this bundle. By purchasing at the low price now, you will get to download those for FREE!
Request themes here: You can add requests for themes here.
Do you use my Decodable Readers Guided Reading Science of Reading Curriculum? These books will fit right in! Lesson plans are not included for these books, but you can use these for extra practice to extend the units.
These decodable books will cover the skills:
- Alphabet (Included in BOY – fall books)
- CVC Words
- Digraphs and Beginning Blends
- CVCe Words
- VCCV words
Differentiation options: These seasonal and thematic decodable readers give you the option to have decodable books without pictures or with pictures. For the books without pictures, students can read the story and then glue the pictures in for an interactive decodable books option.
Low Prep Printing Options! You have the option of staple and cut readers or print and fold readers. The print and fold readers are double sided to save paper.
Each book includes:
- Print and fold decodable reader
- Staple and cut decodable reader
- Read and Draw decodable passage
- Valentine’s Day Decodable Readers
- Winter CVC Word Decodable Readers
- Winter Digraphs and Blends Decodable Readers
- Winter CVCe Word Decodable Readers
- St. Patrick’s Day Decodable Readers
- Spring CVC Word Decodable Readers
- Spring Digraphs and Blends Decodable Readers
- Spring CVCe Word Decodable Readers
- Summer Decodable Readers
- Back to School Decodable Readers
- Apple Themed Decodable Readers
- November (fall and Thanksgiving themes)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I use the decodable readers without pictures? By using the decodable books without pictures, it causes students to truly focus on the words and not the pictures. They can glue the pictures into the books after reading.
Do these seasonal and thematic decodable readers align to the science of reading? Yes! These seasonal and thematic decodable books were written with special attention to best practices from the science of reading. You can rest easy knowing that these decodable books are truly effective.