Are you ready to build strong readers? Decodable readers are a must for decoding and reading fluency practicing in Kindergarten and 1st grade! These phonics decodable books will give your students experience reading phonics skill based stories with high interest texts.
This is a growing bundle. That means that you get it at a lower price as I am still adding texts. This bundle is ENDLESS! Any phonics-based decodable readers I write will be added to this bundle. Over 180 books are included already!
⭐️This set contains both level one and level two books to make differentiation easy!
Level one means that each book features simple sentences that are sight word-heavy and usually patterned, although not always. This level of phonics decodable readers is perfect for beginning readers.
Level two means that each book features sentences that are still sight word-heavy, but less patterned than level one. They offer more opportunities for decoding than the level one readers.
⭐️ I am working on adding – an easier level and a harder level of the same text for differentiation. This option has been added to all sets except digraphs and blends so far! ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Level two books also have comprehension questions on the back of each reader.
These decodable emergent readers are meant for easy print and go prep. Instructions are included for printing double sided. Just print, fold, staple and go – no cutting required!
Use these decodable books whole group during your phonics instruction, in small group guided reading, or send home for extra practice.
⭐️Digital books formatted for Google Slides™️ have been added. Directions for adding these books to Seesaw™ are included.
What is included now?
CVC Short Vowel Word Families
- Word Family Decodable Readers Level ONE (21 books)
- Word Families Decodable Readers Level TWO (20 books)
- CVC Short Vowel Decodable Readers Level ONE (15 books)
- CVC Short Vowels Decodable Readers Level TWO (18 books)
[Short a Decodable Readers, Short e Decodable Readers, Short I Decodable Readers, Short o Decodable Readers, Short u Decodable Readers]
- Digraph Decodable Readers Level ONE (7 books)
- Digraphs Decodable Readers Level TWO (7 books)
- [Beginning ch Decodable Reader, Ending ch Decodable Reader, Beginning sh Decodable Reader, ending sh Decodable Reader, beginning th Decodable Reader, ending th Decodable Reader, ending ck Decodable Reader]
- Beginning Blends (r blends, s blends, l blends) Decodable Readers Level ONE (18 books)
- Beginning Blends ( r blends, s blends, l blends) Decodable Readers Level TWO (20 books)
CVCe Words [Silent e]
- CVCe Word (silent e) Decodable Readers Level ONE (8 books)
- CVCe Word (silent e) Decodable Readers Level TWO (8 books at two levels)
[CVCe a_e Decodable Reader, CVCe i_e Decodable Reader, CVCe o_e Decodable Reader, CVCe u_e Decodable Reader, CVCe Mixed Vowels Decodable Readers]
- Ending Blends Decodable Readers Level ONE (13 books)
- Ending Blends Decodable Readers Level TWO (18 books at two levels)
- Vowel Teams Decodable Readers Level ONE (9 books)
- Vowel Teams Decodable Readers Level TWO (9 books at two levels)
- R-Controlled Vowel Decodable Readers Level ONE (8 books)
- R-Controlled Vowels Decodable Readers Level TWO (7 books)
[ar Decodable Reader, er Decodable Reader, ir Decodable Reader, ur Decodable Reader, or Decodable Reader, Mixed R-Controlled Vowels Decodable Readers]
What skills will be added?
- Advanced Word Families (VCC and VCV)
Don’t see the phonics skill you need? Request it!