Stop the summer slide with the Science of Reading! Are you looking for an easy and effective way to stop literacy learning loss over summer break? The search stops here! The Diphthongs Science of Reading summer review packet contains quick + meaningful daily reading practice that your students will actually enjoy.
⭐SAVE BIG and get this in the Science of Reading Summer Review Packet BUNDLE!
Quickly create a summer review packet that is both fun and effective!
The Diphthongs Science of Reading Summer Review Packet includes:
- 8 weeks of summer diphthongs review
- Editable summer homework calendar
- 8 high-interest diphthongs decodable passages
- Short daily diphthongs phonics practice
- Decoding, encoding, writing, and vocabulary practice
How do these Science of Reading summer review packets work? These Diphthongs Science of Reading summer review packets align with my Science of Reading Guided Curriculum, however they can be used even if you don’t use that!
Please Note: These Science of Reading summer review packets were designed to stop learning loss and maintain skills learned throughout the year. They are not meant to teach new content or continue students along the scope and sequence.
The Diphthongs Science of Reading Summer Review Packet contains 8 weeks of short, daily diphthongs summer review activities.
Each day, students will complete the review activity and then color in the box on their summer homework calendar. An editable version of the calendar is included.
WEEKLY SUMMER REVIEW ACTIVITIES LOOK LIKE:
- Summer decodable passages: Each day, students will read the decodable passage.
- Phonics review: Students will spin a picture and color the matching word.
- Mystery words: Students will write the beginning sounds to decode the mystery word and then match it to the picture.
- Encoding + writing: Students will stretch and write words. Then, they will use one word in a sentence.
- Vocabulary practice: Students will review a word and it’s definition. They will write the word, illustrate the word, and use it in a sentence.
- Extend the learning: Students will complete a writing prompt based on the decodable passages.