This Harlem Grown book companion unit contains everything you need to teach foundational skills, comprehension, story elements, shared reading, and vocabulary. This unit is based on the close read model – you will focus on one book and going deeper within that text.
*The whole month is available together in Little Readers Kindergarten April.
What is included?
- Week-Long Lesson Plans
- Phonemic Awareness Lesson Plans for Phoneme Substitution
- “How Your Garden Grows” Poem for Shared Reading
- Poetry Notebook Pages
- Poem paper reader
- How Does Your Garden Grow? Nonfiction Book
- Comprehension Printables
- Vocabulary Picture Cards
- Vocabulary Printables
- Gardening Craft and Writing
- Vegetable Garden Directed Drawing