Are your students ready to tackle and explore nonstandard measurement? Everything you need to teach an engaging guided math unit is included here! Students will explore length, height, weight, and capacity using them to sort and learning to use nonstandard measurement tools for each one.
These units were developed to be taught whole group but would also work well in a small group setting. The teacher will be guided the students in an I do, We do, You do together, You do model.
Each lesson includes a full lesson plan with:
- Anchor Charts and Poster
- Whole Group Activity – students will explore each concept with a hands-on activity.
- Partner Activity – students will work with partners or small groups to complete hands-on learning activities
- Independent Follow Up – students will apply what they learned whole group to an independent paper activity.
- Home Extension – students can practice even more at home with a short practice page.
- Differentiation Options – Below level/intervention and enrichment activities are included for each lesson!
- End of Unit Assessment
- BONUS Centers – there are multiple centers included for each type of measurement. Many of the centers are an extension of the whole group activities, which will mean more practice and more application.
There are 13 lessons in all:
4 Length Lessons
4 Height Lessons
3 Weight Lessons
2 Capacity Lessons
OR save BIG with the year-long growing bundle: Kindergarten Guided Math Year-Long Bundle
Download the preview to see an outline of the lessons and examples!
Connect with me!