Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers, never have to search for writing center activities again! This is the ULTIMATE October writing center for Kindergarten and First Grade. With 16 differentiated writing center activities to choose from, you will never need another writing center resource!
This resource is perfect for creating an independent writing center! Directions for getting started are included.
Differentiation options are included for most activities!
What is included in the October Writing Center?
♥Student Direction Cards – Use these posters to introduce each activity and then hang them up in your writing center.
♥Picture Vocabulary Cards – Hang these vocabulary cards on a string with clothespins, place them in a pocket chart, put on a binder ring, or place in a folder or binder.
October writing center themes include:
- Fire Safety and Firefighters
- Spiders and the itsy bitsy spider
♥16 Writing Center Activities:
- Beginning Sounds
- Writing Words
- Writing Sentences – Trace and Write or Just Write
- Finish the Sentence
- Predictable Pattern Books Writing
- Writing Paper
- Writing a Book
- Story Starters
- Letter Writing
- Card Creating
- Sentence Editing
- Mix and Fix Sentence Unscrambles – trace, glue, write, illustrate
- List Writing
- How To Writing
♥Bonus Add On Resources:
- Alphabet Chart
- Color Words Chart
- Real Photo Phonics Reference Cards
- Letter Formation Cards
- Writing Center Folder Cover – use to create an independent writing center