This Ohana Means Family book companion unit contains everything you need to teach foundational skills, comprehension, story elements, shared reading, and vocabulary for the book by Ilima Loomis. This unit is based on the close read model – you will focus on one book and going deeper within that text.
*The whole month is available together in Little Readers Kindergarten May.
What is included?
- Week-Long Lesson Plans
- Phonemic Awareness Lesson Plans
- “Mahalo” Poem for Shared Reading
- Poetry Notebook Pages
- Poem paper reader
- Traditions Around the World Nonfiction Book
- Comprehension Printables
- Vocabulary Picture Cards
- Vocabulary Printables
- Pineapple “My Family Tradition” Craft
- Loy Krathong Directed Drawing