Engage your students in reading and writing all about Abraham Lincoln and George Washington with these fun flip books! For kindergarten and 1st grade students, this makes a great whole group activity! For 2nd graders, this would make a great independent activity.
Students will read a short passage, answer questions about the text (for close reads, have them go back and highlight their answers), define a vocabulary word using the text, and write about the text.
- -Read It: read a short passage
- -Answer It: answer 3 questions from the text
- -Define It: define and illustrate a vocab word from the text
- -Write It: write about the text
- -Topper: students will color and cut out each president to top their flip books.