Time to the Hour: Kindergarten Guided Math
Are your students ready to tackle and explore time to the hour? Everything you need to teach an engaging guided math unit is included here!
92 pages – PDF
More about this resource...
Are your students ready to tackle and explore time to the hour? Everything you need to teach an engaging guided math unit is included here! Students will get a better understanding of the parts of a clock, telling time to the hour, analog and digital clocks, and am vs. pm.
These units were developed to be taught whole group but would also work well in a small group setting. The teacher will be guided the students in an I do, We do, You do model.
Each lesson includes a full lesson plan with:
- Anchor Charts
- Warm Up – engaging whole body counting and number sense activities
- Whole Group Activity – students will explore each concept with a hands-on activity.
- Game or Activity – most of the activities in this unit will be partner or small group sorting activities, but not all.
- Independent Follow Up – students will apply what they learned whole group to an independent paper activity.
- Home Extension – students can practice even more at home with a short practice page.
There are 7 lessons in all:
- Hands of the Clock
- Time to the Hour (Analog)
- Time to the Hour (Introducing Digital)Telling Time
- Telling Time
- AM vs. PM
- Putting Time in Order
OR save BIG by getting the growing year-long math bundle here: Kindergarten Guided Math Year-Long Bundle