Are your students ready to tackle and explore time to the hour? Everything you need to teach an engaging guided math unit is included here! Students will get a better understanding of the parts of a clock, telling time to the hour, analog and digital clocks, and am vs. pm.
These units were developed to be taught whole group but would also work well in a small group setting. The teacher will be guided the students in an I do, We do, You do model.
Each lesson includes a full lesson plan with:
- Anchor Charts
- Warm Up – engaging whole body counting and number sense activities
- Whole Group Activity – students will explore each concept with a hands-on activity.
- Game or Activity – most of the activities in this unit will be partner or small group sorting activities, but not all.
- Independent Follow Up – students will apply what they learned whole group to an independent paper activity.
- Home Extension – students can practice even more at home with a short practice page.
There are 7 lessons in all:
- Hands of the Clock
- Time to the Hour (Analog)
- Time to the Hour (Introducing Digital)Telling Time
- Telling Time
- AM vs. PM
- Putting Time in Order
OR save BIG by getting the growing year-long math bundle here: Kindergarten Guided Math Year-Long Bundle