Looking for meaningful, hands-on alphabet letter sounds centers for learning letter sounds and beginning sounds? This is it! This set of 15 alphabet letter sounds centers is packed full of multi-sensory beginning sounds activities that make learning fun. Set up your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten literacy centers for success with these engaging alphabet letter sounds centers.
These beginning sounds centers are a part of my Phonics Hands-on Science of Reading Centers Bundle! They align to my Decodable Readers Science of Reading Curriculum, but can be used with any phonics program you use.
This set of alphabet letter sounds centers includes 15 meaningful, differentiated literacy centers. Printable I Can cards help students become independent during your literacy centers time.
Alphabet Letter Sounds Centers | What’s Included:
- Beginning Sounds Clip Wheels
- Beginning Sounds Cover by Code
- Beginning Sounds Clip Strips
- Roll and Cover Beginning Sounds
- Find and Cover Letter Sounds
- Trace and Cover Letter Sounds
- Beginning Sounds Magnetic Letter Match Ups
- Cover or Dab Letter Sound Mats
- Beginning Sound Magnetic Match Ups
- Letter Sound Puzzle Mats
- Flip and Color Beginning Sounds
- Crayon Box Beginning Sound Sorts
- Spin a Beginning Sound Gameboards
- Bear Clip Cards
- Letter Sound Puzzles
What makes these alphabet letter sounds centers Science of Reading aligned centers? While you do need specific literacy centers in order to align to the science of reading, these beginning sounds literacy centers:
- Align to my Science of Reading Curriculum
- Follow a systematic scope and sequence
- You will ONLY see phonics skills and words already taught
- Provide meaningful practice with targeted phonics skills
- Allow students to practice phonics skills in a multi-sensory way
Do these beginning sound centers include a black and white version? Yes! This set of alphabet letter sounds centers includes both a color and black and white version.
What supplies and manipulatives will I need for these literacy centers? These beginning sounds literacy centers use manipulatives and supplies that you most likely already have in your classroom! They can also be easily modified to work with what you have. Suggested supplies include:
- Colored cubes
- Counters or mini-erasers
- Dry erase markers
- Bingo dabbers or pom-poms
- Magnetic letters
- Sand tray or sensory gel bag
Will these science of reading centers require a lot of prep? Many of these letter sounds centers are print and go or only require a few quick chops.
Are these literacy centers included in your Science of Reading curriculum? No, these literacy centers are a supplemental add-on. However, they do align perfectly and will cover all skills taught in that curriculum. They can also be used with any literacy or phonics curriculum you are currently using!
Copyright © Natalie Lynn Kindergarten
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.