Are you looking for hands on, low prep August math and literacy centers for First Grade? Look no further! These 1st grade back to school centers are perfect for the teacher who wants engaging beginning of the year math and literacy activities but also loves their free time and doesn’t want to spend hours prepping (who would?!).
This set of 1st Grade back to school centers includes 20 centers in total – 10 back to school literacy centers and 10 back to school math centers.
⭐️Low prep! These centers were designed to be low prep but high engagement. Most of the activities can be printed, laminated, and quickly sliced. Just add simple manipulatives you already have in your classroom and you’re good to go!
⭐️Build independence – I Can cards are included for each center and its variations to build student independence.
⭐️Back to School Worksheets and Printables Included! A worksheet version is included for each center activity. Use these back to school printables as a recording sheet for accountability or use them separately on their own.
Back to School Math and Literacy Centers Included:
- Lunchbox Clip – beginning sounds or ending sounds
- Magnetic letter beginning sounds match
- Beginning sounds search and cover
- Beginning and ending sounds crayon box match
- CVC word puzzles
- Search and find – beginning sounds or CVC words
- Yes or no beginning sounds
- Rhyming words lunchbox match up
- Beginning sounds match
- Clip a short vowel
- Counting books (numbers to 20)
- Count and clip making teen numbers
- Spin and make 10
- School bus ten frames match up (numbers to 20)
- Addition to 10 solve and write
- Cube numbers build and stack
- Subtraction on a ten frame task cards
- Compare and clip numbers
- Base ten number build
- Before and after numbers to 10, 20, or 30