The best value in First Grade centers for the year! Are you looking for hands on, low prep monthly math and literacy centers for 1st grade? Look no further! These First grade centers for the year are perfect for the teacher who wants engaging 1st grade math and literacy activities but also loves their free time and doesn’t want to spend hours prepping (who would?!).
⭐⭐THIS IS A GROWING BUNDLE! That means that you get it at a discount as I am still working on adding all of the months. By purchasing now, you get a big discount and get to download all future months for FREE! Just go to your My Purchases page to redownload.
Each month will be added at least the month before you need it.
Each month of math and literacy centers includes at least 20 centers in total – 10 literacy centers and 10 math centers. Over 240 centers will be included!
Save BIG BIG BIG with the growing bundle! At this price, it is less than 8 cents per center!
⭐️These activities will increase in difficulty and skills covered as the year goes on.
⭐️Low prep! These centers were designed to be low prep but high engagement. Most of the activities can be printed, laminated, and quickly sliced. Just add simple manipulatives you already have in your classroom and you’re good to go!
⭐️Build independence – I Can cards are included for each center and its variations to build student independence.
⭐️1st Grade Math and Literacy Worksheets and Printables included! A worksheet version is included for each center activity. Use these math and literacy printables as a recording sheet for accountability or use them separately on their own.
These 1st grade centers for the year will have monthly and seasonal themes. Holidays like Halloween and Christmas will NOT be covered in the monthly packs to be mindful of schools who cannot celebrate holidays, but will be added in smaller BONUS packs for the teachers who can use them!
- Back to school centers (beginning of the year) – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- September – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- October – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- November – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- BONUS Christmas – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- December – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- January – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- February – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- March – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- April – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- May – CURRENTLY INCLUDED
- Summer – coming soon
Back to School Math and Literacy Centers Included:
- Lunchbox Clip – beginning sounds or ending sounds
- Magnetic letter beginning sounds match
- Beginning sounds search and cover
- Beginning and ending sounds crayon box match
- CVC word puzzles
- Search and find – beginning sounds or CVC words
- Yes or no beginning sounds
- Rhyming words lunchbox match up
- Beginning sounds match
- Clip a short vowel
- Counting books (numbers to 20)
- Count and clip making teen numbers
- Spin and make 10
- School bus ten frames match up (numbers to 20)
- Addition to 10 solve and write
- Cube numbers build and stack
- Subtraction on a ten frame task cards
- Compare and clip numbers
- Base ten number build
- Before and after numbers to 10, 20, or 30
September Math and Literacy Centers Included:
- Sound Clip – ending sounds or vowel sounds
- What’s the word family?
- Beginning sounds spin and cover
- Matching CVC words
- Building CVC and digraph words
- Find and color beginning sounds
- Find and color cvc words
- Vowel sound linking cards
- Beginning blends linking cards
- Clip the rhymes
- Sentence unscramble
- EDITABLE sight word building
- Compare and clip – numbers to 20 or 50
- Ten frame addition to 10
- Find and cover addition to 10
- Number order
- Making teen numbers
- Apple number bonds – find the whole or missing addends
- Roll, add, and cover
- Subtraction matching
- Missing numbers up to 30
- Roll and make ten
- Counting on
- Balancing equations