Are you looking for hands on, low prep September math and literacy centers for First Grade? Look no further! These 1st grade September centers are perfect for the teacher who wants engaging beginning of the year math and literacy activities but also loves their free time and doesn’t want to spend hours prepping (who would?!).
This set of 1st Grade September centers includes 22 centers in total – 10 September literacy centers and 12 September math centers.
⭐️Low prep! These centers were designed to be low prep but high engagement. Most of the activities can be printed, laminated, and quickly sliced. Just add simple manipulatives you already have in your classroom and you’re good to go!
⭐️Build independence – I Can cards are included for each center and its variations to build student independence.
⭐️September Worksheets and Printables Included! A worksheet version is included for each center activity. Use these September printables as a recording sheet for accountability or use them separately on their own.
September Math and Literacy Centers Included:
- Sound Clip – ending sounds or vowel sounds
- What’s the word family?
- Beginning sounds spin and cover
- Matching CVC words
- Building CVC and digraph words
- Find and color beginning sounds
- Find and color cvc words
- Vowel sound linking cards
- Beginning blends linking cards
- Clip the rhymes
- Sentence unscramble
- EDITABLE sight word building
- Compare and clip – numbers to 20 or 50
- Ten frame addition to 10
- Find and cover addition to 10
- Number order
- Making teen numbers
- Apple number bonds – find the whole or missing addends
- Roll, add, and cover
- Subtraction matching
- Missing numbers up to 30
- Roll and make ten
- Counting on
- Balancing equations