Having academic sensory bins or a sensory table in your classroom is the perfect way to engage your students in hands-on learning. These low prep sensory bin activities will make preparing your August sensory bins a breeze!
These back to school math and literacy activities were designed with sensory bins in mind, but would also be perfect for center activities, morning tubs, or early finishers.
Prepping Your Sensory Bin:
- Decide how you want to store your sensory bins – a plastic tub or drawers for multiple bins and a time work well.
- Decide what fillers you want in each sensory bin. A list of suggestions is included.
What is included in this pack?
- 6 sensory bin centers
- Color and black and white ink-saver versions
- Recording sheets
Sensory Bin Activities Include:
3 Literacy Sensory Bin Activities and 3 Math Sensory Bins
- Chicka Alphabet Tracing – Pull a letter and trace it with the matching color.
- Crayon Colors – Pull a crayon and color the matching color object or color word.
- Bus Beginning Sounds – Pull a bus card and identify the beginning sound. Color the matching letters.
- Chalkboard Numbers – Pull a number and trace it or color the matching dots.
- Penciling In 2D Shapes – Pull a 2D shape card and color the matching shape or real life shape object.
- Crayon Count – Pull a number card and color the matching crayon box. Bonus counting mats are included.
Looking for more hands-on, low prep center activities for Kindergarten?