Are you looking for a way to *instantly* engage your students in decoding and reading fluency? Partner decodable readers are the solution! These beginning blends partner decodable stories use a unique formatting to allow students to practice both decoding and comprehension with partner support.
SAVE BIG with the growing bundle HERE!
How do these beginning blends Partner Decodables work? Grab a partner and a decodable story mat! Each partner will take turns reading half of the story. An optional recording sheet is included for students to illustrate and retell what happened in their story.
What is included in this download:
- 20 Beginning Blends Partner Decodables
- Black and white version
- Recording sheet
These decodable partner readers are 100% aligned with the Science of Reading SOR! You will only see CVC words, digraphs, blends and very limited high frequency words. The text is not patterned at all.
These decodables will follow the same scope and sequence as my Science of Reading Guided Curriculum.
How can I use these Partner Decodable Readers in my classroom?
- Partner literacy centers: Once taught the routine, this can easily become an independent partner literacy center in your classroom.
- Classroom library center: Add these partner decodable readers as an option to your classroom library center for increased engagement.
- Small groups: Use these partner decodable readers in small groups as an alternative to traditional decodable books.
- Shared reading: Display and use for shared reading. The teacher can read half and the class can read half.
- Send home: These decodable stories can be sent home to read with family members.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How are these decodable stories different than other decodable books? This format is very unique, but I believe needed! The Beginning Blends Partner Decodable Readers allow your students to practice reading with the support of a partner. Each partner will read half of the story.
Is a black and white version included? Yes, both a color and black and white version of these partner beginning blends decodables is included.
How can I organize these partner decodables? An easy way to create a partner decodable readers center is to put together a folder. The decodable story mats can go on one side (or in page protectors), and the recording sheets on the other. Another option is to get a hanging file folder box. Have one hanging folder for each skill set of decodable story mats.
Questions? Email me at [email protected]
Copyright © Natalie Lynn Kindergarten
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.