Make your writing center more meaningful by adding in beginning blends activities to create a phonics focus! If you’re a fan of my Writing Center for the Year, you will LOVE the Science of Reading phonics writing center! This is the ULTIMATE beginning blends phonics writing center to help you combine writing and phonics practice in a meaningful and engaging way.
⭐ SAVE BIG by getting these in the Science of Reading Phonics Writing Center!
These beginning blends writing center activities are aligned with the Science of Reading. It is a great way to add in more focused phonics practice during your literacy centers!
⭐️ Use this beginning blends phonics writing center for the year along or in combination with my monthly writing centers! Directions for getting started with a Kindergarten, 1st grade, or 2nd grade writing center are included.
What is included in this phonics writing center?
- Vocabulary Cards – these do not have words, but rather have the number of sounds mapped.
- Vocabulary Word Banks – the word banks do have words typed. These can be used to differentiate or to check work.
STUDENT DIRECTION CARDS
- Use these posters to introduce each activity and then hang them up in your writing center. The style of these posters matches my Writing Center for the Year so that you can easily combine them.
12 PHONICS WRITING CENTER ACTIVITIES:
- Writing beginning blends
- Tap and write a word
- Spin and write a word
- Writing words
- Spin, tap, map, write, and use it in a sentence
- Writing sentences
- Finishing a sentence
- Making emergent reader books
- Labeling pictures
- Decodable sentences mix and fix sheets
- Write a story
- Make a list