Themed writing centers are the perfect way to engage your students and build structured choice into your literacy centers! This set is themed around coins and financial literacy and is perfect for integrating literacy, math, and social studies! Vocabulary includes coin names, presidents, monuments, coin value, and the financial literacy topics of spending and saving.
This center is also included in a year-long bundle! Find that here: Themed Writing Center for the Year!
- Vocabulary Cards: Build your student’s vocabulary for each topic! You can hang these on a ribbon with clothespins or place on hooks with binder rings. I keep my old cards in a basket at the center for easy access.
- List Writing: Students can write a general list or a list about a topic.
- Card Writing: Students can write cards to friends or family. You might even keep a mailbox and have a mailman be a classroom job!
- Letter Writing: Again, students can write letters to friends, family, or staff. In the product preview, I put an anchor chart showing how I introduce letter writing in K!
- Story Writing: Students can write a one page story or write a book with a cover! Two levels of writing paper are included.
- Story Starter Paper: This paper contains a picture for students to write about. Perfect for students who have a hard time generating ideas!
- Sentence Fixers: Students will trace, cut apart and glue, and write a sentence.
- I Can Posters: These posters give students visual directions to make sure they can complete each activity independently.