Are your students ready to tackle and explore graphing and analyzing data? Everything you need to teach an engaging guided math unit is included here! Students will get a better understanding of collecting data, the steps to make a graph, graphing, and analyzing their data.
These units were developed to be taught whole group but would also work well in a small group setting. The teacher will be guiding the students in an I do, We do, You do model.
Each lesson includes a full lesson plan with:
- Anchor Charts
- Warm Up – engaging whole body counting and number sense activities
- Whole Group Activity – students will explore each concept with a hands-on activity.
- Game or Activity – most of the activities in this unit will be partner or small group sorting activities, but not all.
- Independent Follow Up – students will apply what they learned whole group to an independent paper activity.
- Home Extension – students can practice even more at home with a short practice page.
There are 7 lessons in all:
- Asking a Question & Collecting Data
- Graphing our Data
- Analyzing our Data
- Student Survey
- Sort and Graph
- 7Penny Toss
OR save BIG by getting the kindergarten year-long math bundle here: Kindergarten Guided Math Year-Long Bundle!