Are your students ready to tackle and explore numbers to 20? Everything you need to teach an engaging guided math unit is included here! Students will learn numbers 11-20, the foundations of place value, making groups of ten, and number order.
These units were developed to be taught whole group but would also work well in a small group setting. The teacher will be guided the students in an I do, We do, You do model.
Each lesson includes a full lesson plan with:
- Anchor Charts
- Warm Up – Whole body counting exercises.
- Whole Group Activity – students will explore each concept with a hands-on activity.
- Game or Activity – students will work in pairs to play a game or complete an extension activity
- Independent Follow Up – students will apply what they learned whole group to an independent paper activity.
- Differentiation Options – ideas and activities for intervention and enrichment are included.
- Home Extension – students can practice even more at home with a short practice page.
There are 10 lessons in all :
- 11 & Place Value
- 12 & Place Value
- 13 & Groups of ten
- 14 & Groups of ten
- 15 & Race to 20
- 16 & Race to 20
- 17 & SWAT!
- 18 & Quiz/Trade
- 19 & Number Order
- 20 & Number Order
OR save BIG by getting the growing year-long math bundle here: Kindergarten Guided Math Year-Long Bundle