Practicing scissor skills is essential not only for cutting paper, but also to develop fine motor skills needed for writing. These fine motor activities will give your students scissor cutting practice in multiple ways to help develop those scissor skills all year long.
⭐️ This pack is included in a Fine Motor Activities for the Year bundle! This bundle includes everything you need to teach fine motor lessons and practice fine motor skills throughout the year.
This fine motor activities pack includes 92 scissor cutting practice pages covering a variety of skills.
Read more about how to teach students how to cut in this blog post.
- Create a Fine Motor Journal or Notebook – A cover for a fine motor journal is included, plus printing tips.
- Fine Motor Lessons – Use these scissor cutting practice worksheets as a follow up to your fine motor lessons or to practice how to use scissors.
- Send Home to Families – A family or parent letter is included with tips for practicing how to cut with scissor at home and how to fix common mistakes.
- Morning Work, Centers, or Small Group Activities
- Fine Motor Journal covers and printing tips
- Left-handed scissor tips
- Proper scissor grip pages (4 versions for 4 different grips are included)
- Scissor cutting poem
- Parent letter about scissors practice at home
- Cutting lines
- Cutting spirals
- Cutting big shapes
- Cutting and gluing little shapes
- Cutting strips
- Cut and glue pictures [straight lines]
- Cut and glue pictures [curved lines]
- Seasonal cutting puzzles
- Cutting string