This turkey name craft is the perfect Thanksgiving craft to engage your students in name practice – and possibly get a cute fall display or Thanksgiving bulletin board as well! Students will love making their Turkey name craft or turkey name hat and personalizing it! Options for making a full turkey craft or a turkey hat are included.
This turkey name craft makes an adorable Thanksgiving craft for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, or 1st grade students!
Use the turkey hat version for your Thanksgiving celebration, fall parties, and more!
How to assemble the turkey name craft:
- Students will assemble the turkey body step-by-step
- Students will cut out feathers that include the letters of their name
- They will assemble the feathers behind the turkey to spell their name – feathers can be compressed or spread out depending on length of the name.
How to assemble the turkey hat:
- Cut long brown strips of construction paper or use sentences strips to make the turkey headband.
- Students will assemble the turkey face and glue it on the front of their turkey name hat.
- Students will cut out the feathers that spell their name and glue them on the back of the turkey hat.
- Measure to fit and staple
This turkey name craft includes pre-made alphabet feathers OR EDITABLE feathers! You can type letters directly onto these feathers. You will need adobe reader [a free program] to edit.
Is this turkey name craft or turkey hat included in any other bundle or resource? No! This turkey craft and hat is completely new and not currently included in any bundle.
Are there options for longer names included?
Yes! You can use the original feathers and layer them on the turkey name craft or thanksgiving hat, but I have also included thinner feathers. The thinner feathers include premade alphabet feathers and editable feathers for you as well.
What can I use this turkey name craft for?
So many things! You can use this turkey name craft and turkey headband hat for:
- Name practice
- A thanksgiving craft
- A fall November craft
- November bulletin board display
- Fall parties
- Thanksgiving hat for feasts
- Just for fun!