This unit is is the third unit in In this unit, your students will learn the secret recipe for CVC words, meet the short vowels, and learn to segment and blend CVC words for reading and writing. This curriculum teaches phonics in a routine way that’s both fun and developmentally appropriate.
This unit contains 7 weeks of lesson plans packed full of hands-on phonics all planned out for you!
These lessons are scripted to give you less to worry about, but you can use as much or as little as you need. This curriculum can be used as a support to your current program or on its own.
*This unit is included in a full curriculum bundle here!
- Full lesson plans
- Alphabet warm up (with video of me)
- Alphabet Fluency Slideshow
- CVC Stoplight for Isolating Sounds
- Making CVC Words anchor chart
- CVC Words Chefs hat craftivity
- Cut and Paste CVC Word Reader
- Ending Sounds and Beginning and Final Sounds worksheets
- The Vowels vowel hand craft
- Each short vowel contains:
- Short Vowel Crafts
- Anchor Charts
- Decodable Readers (2 levels per book)
- Write the Word Emergent Readers
- Roll and Read Printables
- Stretch and Write Printables
- Read and Draw Printables
- Fluency Slides (formatted for Google Slides™ and PPT)
- Optional Assessment
- Mixed Vowels Printables
- Extra CVC Word Printables
- CVC Words Expert badge and certificate
Need whole group literacy, shared reading, vocabulary, and phonemic awareness for the year too? Those are all included in my Empowering Little Readers Kindergarten Reading Curriculum! These two curriculum work perfectly together. Find that here.