Having academic sensory bins or a sensory table in your classroom is the perfect way to engage your students in hands-on learning. These low prep sensory bin activities will make preparing your October sensory bins a breeze!
WAIT – This pack is included in a $-SAVING bundle HERE!
These October math and literacy activities were designed with sensory bins in mind, but would also be perfect for center activities, morning tubs, or early finishers.
Prepping Your Sensory Bin:
- Decide how you want to store your sensory bins – a plastic tub or drawers for multiple bins and a time work well.
- Decide what fillers you want in each sensory bin. A list of suggestions is included.
What is included in this pack?
- 6 September sensory bin centers
- Color and black and white ink-saver versions
- Recording sheets
Sensory Bin Activities Include:
3 Literacy Sensory Bin Activities and 4 Math Sensory Bins
- Pumpkin Cookie Alphabet – Pull a letter and trace or color it with the matching color.
- Spider Sight Words – EDITABLE – Match the sight word spiders to their webs.
- Search for Beginning Sounds – Pull an leaf and identify the beginning sound using a magnifying glass. Color the matching letters.
- Leaf Numbers – Pull a number and trace it or color the matching tree. Count out leaves to match the number.
- Comparing Pumpkins – Pull two number cards and compare the numbers.
- Counting Bats – Pull a number card and count out that many bats.
- Skeleton Tally Marks – Match the skeleton numbers to the tally marks.
Looking for more hands-on, low prep center activities for Kindergarten?